Hello, my name is Helen Welford; I am the Parent Support Advisor (PSA) here at Overdale School, as well as supporting and working with Every Child Matters. I am here to help with any worries or concerns parents or children may have, however large or small, let me tell you a little more about my role, tasks and responsibilities in school.
We know children achieve more success when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child’s development. Our aim is to encourage and maintain a strong positive partnership between home and school.
I am here to support children and families/carers with a wide range of issues and concerns. I have listed a few examples below:
• Act as a link between home and school including making home visits or meeting at other suitable locations
• Offer a range of services to children and families requiring support and information.
• Help children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences
• Work with children on a one to one.
• Address the needs of the children that need help overcoming the barriers to learning.
• Talk with and support children in school and encourage them to be positive about their future.
• Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school and their children.
• Provide emotional support and feedback to parents/carers.
• Develop organise family based learning workshops.
• Meetings with teachers, SENCO and children services.
I am also here to support children and families/carers with a wide range of issues and concerns. A few examples have been listed below:
• Lack of confidence and low self-esteem
• Home circumstances
• Home-School relationship.
If you have any concerns however minor they may seem. Please feel free to call in and see me at School, contacting me by telephone on 01723 582360.