Hello, my name is Helen Welford; I am the Parent Support Advisor (PSA) here at Overdale School. I also support and work with the Every Child Matters initiative. I am here to help with any worries or concerns parents, or children, may have, however large or small. We know children achieve more success when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child’s development. Our aim is to encourage and maintain a strong positive partnership between home and school.
I am here to support children and families/carers with a wide range of issues including:
- Acting as a link between home and school including making home visits or meeting at other suitable locations.
• Offering a range of services to children and families requiring support and information.
• Helping children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences.
• Working with children on a one to one basis.
• Addressing the needs of the children that need help overcoming the barriers to learning.
• Talking with and support children in school and encourage them to be positive about their future.
• Supporting parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school and their children.
• Providing emotional support and feedback to parents/carers.
• Developing organise family based learning workshops.
• Attending and arranging meetings with teachers, SENCO and children services.
If you have any concerns, however minor they may seem, please feel free to call in and see me at school or contact me by telephone on 01723 582360. Alternatively you can use the form below.
Overdale CP School