We listen, we learn, we shine
Our aims and values
Overdale Community Primary School will ensure:
- Every child is encouraged and supported to achieve their full potential.
- To value the whole child, by promoting their health and well-being and recognising their wide range of talents.
- Every child can communicate effectively for a range of audiences and purposes.
- To be a place where the British values of respect, tolerance, care and responsibility are highly valued and evidenced.
We can achieve this through:
- Ensuring that learning is led by staff, who are committed to achieving the potential of all children, using assessment for learning to structure and secure effective teaching.
- Communication is at the heart of everything we do.
- A curriculum that is challenging, evolving and exciting.
- Emphasis on leading active, healthy lifestyles with positive mental well-being.
- Working in partnership with parents, the local community and other professionals to nurture the whole child.
To create a happy and stimulating learning environment that values effective communication as the key to developing children’s confidence and enabling them to fulfil their potential.
Our golden values:
- We can play safely.
- We can be polite and helpful.
- We can work quietly without interrupting others.
- We treat others as we would like to be treated.
- We respect our learning environment and keep it tidy.