Our vision and values
In Overdale Community Primary School
A sense of unity, where we all work together to achieve the best possible outcome for every child.
An orderly school with set procedures in place, understood by everyone and consistently applied
A pupil initiated child-centred learning environment where children are confident of their own abilities and have a high level of self esteem.
Overdale school promotes a positive attitude to lifelong learning. We value progress in all areas of learning and support our children to achieve their personal best.
• to promote high standards of academic achievement for all learners
• to develop and instil key life skills and values in our pupils
• to encourage positive relationships and communications between home, our community and the wider world
Overdale C P School is committed to promoting high standards of academic achievement for all learners by:
• Developing active learners where all learning styles are recognised and developed.
• Providing a broad, thematic approach to teaching that promotes independent learning.
• The recognition of all achievements.
• Encouraging a sense of personal achievement, pride in work and high self-esteem.
As a school we will continue to develop and instil key life skills and values in our pupils by:
• Developing confidence, a sense of responsibility and independence.
• Promoting a respect for themselves and others, upholding British Values.
• Valuing the contributions of all.
• Developing the concept of right and wrong to encourage the highest possible standards of behaviour.
• Using and applying social skills in a range of situations to develop academic progress.
We will encourage positive relationships and communications between home, our community and the wider world through:
• Recognising that education is a 3 way process between: child, home and school.
• Nurturing and encouraging personal aspirations.
• Recognising that everyone can make a difference in the world.
• Ensuring that we are all working to a common goal.
• Being an accessible and welcoming community learning resource.
• Having respect for an understanding of others’ beliefs and ways of life.
We listen, we learn, we shine.
Our core values
First and foremost to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils.
To teach each child to respect and care for others.
To encourage every pupil to achieve their potential and celebrate their success.
To teach with passion and enthusiasm, sparking interest from all pupils.
To work as a school to carry out good deeds in the local community.
The values we instill in our pupils:
We can play safely.
We can be polite and helpful.
We can work quietly without interrupting others.
We treat others as we would like to be treated.
We respect our learning environment and keep it tidy.